You Got The Right Stuff, Baby.




The last page of my childhood occurred last night. After going to the North End for dinner and dessert with momma, we trekked over to the TD Banknorth Garden (also known as the Fleetcenter, Garden, or the only venue that's really worth going to for most Bostonians) to see New Kids on the Block.

Natasha Bedingfield opened, with an impressive voice but lackluster setlist. Why no 'I Wanna Have Your Babies,' 'Say It Again,' 'Single,' or whatever the title of the song is that was in 21 Dresses? Regardless she did close out the show with a live rendition of 'Unwritten,' which caused a montage of the opening credits of The Hills in my mind. Natasha was singing, but I only saw LC and Whitney Port in my mind.

NKOTB, was, by far, more impressive live than I expected. Aside from the fact that they're all really good looking (and none of that 'ew they're old' comments, I have friends that have dated men over 30). I, myself, was quite partial with Joey (of course) and Donnie (probably bc he's a bad boy and a Wahlberg). The small odes to Boston (their hometown, of course) made the concert feel like a Homecoming rally. The small stage set in the back of the floor area where they performed three of their songs was a welcomed surprise (especially since they were then about 500 feet away from me). Best of all, vh1 was there to film the whole concert, which means another dvd buy will be needed in the future for me.

Alas, my childhood is now complete in 2008. Spice Girls in January and New Kids on the Block in September. Now excuse me, I have to listen to 'Hangin' Tough' at least 8 more times before the morning is over.

-M

Free Blog Counter
Pop Culture Paradox