"Lunch, you know, as in the meal before dating."



Happy Tuesday blogosphere!

Wait. It's Tuesday morning. It means only one thing -- the one thing that makes me get out of bed and into my office on Tuesday mornings. God love the Daily Intel blog and their weekly roundup of Gossip Girl.

Now, I must say. Tres impressed with the upswing that this episode brought my beloved Gossip Girl. Blair's Mean Girl style recruiting tactics were hilariously true to form -- and did anyone else catch her wearing a tiara during the interviews. Blair, you are my hero(ine).

I think V is crazy for not taking the money from Dutchess. It might be unethical money, but it's money nonetheless, and homegirl could use a little upgrade in the wardrobe department. A little Saks? Neimans? Okay, okay, I'll even settle for Bloomingdales or maybe some outlet version of any of the above. Please V - maybe if you start dressing better I'll stop making fun of you in my blog. Speaking of upgrades needed, this new girl/Dan's new interest/Chuck's sneaky project, Amanda, SO NOT ATTRACTIVE. I wonder how it feels knowing that you're the ugly girl on Gossip Girl. That people (including myself and my friend at my apartment) gasped in appallment (is that even a word?) when you appear on screen. I swear, I saw a hint of braces (as I did in the preview), and she looked even worse as her hair was scorched out by her "nairtini" (thank you Daily Intel, I didn't know what to call it before your article). She kind of resembles a bug, no?

Lily returns this episode! Hurray for being old and feeling more for the adult/parent storyline than the kids. She is SO OBVIOUSLY still pining for Rufus (can you really blame her?). I say cue the OneRepublic music and have them kiss in the rain a la this episode. Team Lily! I love her, and her daughter S, now that she's a bitch. Nothing beats a scorned teenage girl post-breakup. Believe me, I would know. Show Dan Humphrey hell, S! Once when I was going through a heinous breakup, I made an ex feel uncomfortable at his own party. It's that kind of attitude that we need to see out of S. Lonely Boy is zilch in the world of elite private schools. I mean, come on, who's going to befriend him now? He lives in Brooklyn, and Little J's an outcast. The coolest one in the Humphrey family is Rufus. Ouch. What a downfall. Anywho, it's nice to see who we all know is the original queen bee back on top. We might not want to see a bee-eff-eff battle between S and B, but it might be necessary in the name of Monday night television drama. Hallijuah.

-M
(EDIT: missed the nair scene? here you go kids.)

Free Blog Counter
Pop Culture Paradox