Monday Night Television Roundup



Before I get to today's news reading, I must remember that there are happier, more meaningless things to focus my mind on. That being said, I spent four hours, eyes glazed over, watching tv with one of my best friends last night as part of our Monday night ritual.

Firstly, my NKOTB obsession rages on. I love Donnie (and Joey), and I love the VH1 special that was re-aired showing the band's history (although most of it I already knew from Wikipedia), and reunion. Typical 'Behind The Music' standard stuff (did anyone else know that the guys wrote 'Hangin' Tough' in hopes that it'd be a song for the Celtics, and 'Maybe they'd give us like, 500 bucks for it and we'd be good'), but a quote from Jordan Knight, that in my mind, made the show. "I mean, we were in high school, with a record out. That's kind of cool. I thought, 'Maybe we can make a few bucks off of this, and then I can get a scooter, and then I'll be really cool.'" Surprising no one marketed NKOTB scooters during their hayday, huh? I know I would have ridden around my cul-de-sac of my parent's neighborhood on one -- and probably would have wanted a matching NKOTB helmet.


Gossip Girl followed my evening. While I was deeply content that while scouring through the internet yesterday, I only found ONE 1 minute teaser for this week's episode, I was deeply disappointed overall. No major OMG moment - except for whatever Bart Bass found on Lilly Van der Woodsen -- was was in that envelope? I must know. It would be like my future husband finding.... oh, nevermind. Also kind of exciting? The return of Blair and Little J's alliance -- only this time, against Serena. I sense a stirring at Constance Billard -- or maybe not, since Little J dropped out. Oh no no no. I don't think prep school parents handle high school (or prep school, moreover) dropout efforts. I sense a certain, unhappiness with Rufus, and I don't blame him. This is kind of like when one of my prep school friends wanted to drop out and follow Madonna on tour. Did it happen? No, not a chance.


The Hills this week featured Stephanie as a lying, backstabbing, hobag. Maybe Brody was right about this one. My friend S and I don't quite comprehend though. Why does Stephanie insist that she's in the right and is going all up and down lying and denying - when cameras taped both of her dates with Doug, and her scheming on how to go behind LC's back? Okay, okay, maybe it's all scripted, but can't we just pretend it's real?


-M


Free Blog Counter
Pop Culture Paradox