My One Night Stand With Stoli Blakberi

I’ve hit the age where I’m too old to go out on work nights. But when my friend presented an online link to the invite only Stoli Blakberi launch in Boston last night, I couldn’t resist. Walking in, I realized that not only am I not too old to go out on work nights, but alas, I’ve hit the point where I’m either the oldest at a college bar, or the youngest at a lounge for young professionals. In my new Velvet jeweled minidress (I couldn’t resist a reason to wear my new frock), I squeezed inbetween men in suits and girls in other minidresses to the free (!!!) bar until 10pm.

Three drinks and one shot consumed. For the record, Stoli Blakberi tastes like a hybrid of Stoli Raspberi and Stoli Blueberi. As a straight shot, not so good. I’ve learned throughout my time that a shot of vodka is a shot of vodka. And it’s never that delicious. I try to think of cupcakes as I take the shot. Cookies. Red colored Skittles. Yummy things. But that never really helps. Next time. No shots.

Out of the drink menu for the night, I would suggest the Blak Tea. Not too bad, tastes better than that Nestea crap. I also had the Blakberi Smash – which was basically a vodka soda with some ground up blackberries. If you’re going to go for the new Stoli though (or, I guess any Stoli for that matter), play it safe and go with every college girls’ favorite of Stoli and Sprite. As it could be expected, the bar ran out of just about everything except Stoli (go figure), and so me and my group turned to the trusty standby to get us through the night.

A nice, unexpected surprise? The lovely promo people from Hit & Run out of Los Angeles making custom made t-shirts and tanks (from American Apparel) for everyone there. Also nice? The free Stoli USB drives (in the shape of a Stoli Blakberi bottle!) that everyone got upon arrival. Swag is an amazing thing people, even if the price I pay is sipping on Get Clean detox tea this morning at work.

-M

Free Blog Counter
Pop Culture Paradox