Love means never having to say you're sorry...


Love Story star Ryan O'Neal and his son were both arrested after methamphetamine was found in O'Neal's bedroom during a "routine probation search" of his Malibu home.
Seems to be a family thing. Tatum O'Neal (his daughter, ahem, and Oscar-winning actress) was arrested for trying to buy crack cocaine from a street dealer earlier this year...which she then claimed was part of "research" for a movie role. Umm...yeah, right.
This makes me sad because I just re-watched Love Story on DVD the other night (Don't judge me...and anyway, I like the book better!...also, I love seeing the snowy scenes filmed in Cambridge/Boston, MA)

This is my fav. scene:

Jennifer Cavalieri: You look stupid and rich.
Oliver Barrett IV: Well, what if I'm smart and poor?
Jennifer: I'm smart and poor.
Oliver: Well, what makes you so smart?
Jennifer: I wouldn't go out for coffee with you that's what.
Oliver: Well what if I wasn't even gonna ask you to go out for coffee with me?
Jennifer: Well that's what makes you stupid.

Ok, I have to admit, it is hard not to gag throughout the movie...the lines ("Love means never having to say you're sorry," said TWICE no less haha) are incredibly cliched and cheesy...Ali McGraw, makes it worth it though. She had a huge impact on 70's fashion and is STILL given mentions in Teen Vogue ...Oh yeah, and speaking of "preppy classics" this one is for you M. (FYI, picking up bankers might have been the thing to do in the 90's...not so much any more!)

- P

Free Blog Counter
Pop Culture Paradox