Why the eff is her name Lady GaGa?

Current iTunes obsessions

  • Christina Aguilera - Keeps Gettin' Better
  • Little Jackie - The World Should Revolve Around me

  • NKOTB - Big Girl Now

  • Lady GaGa's debut album The Fame.

I'll admit. I was completely apprehensive before giving Lady GaGa a second chance. I was obsessed with 'Just Dance,' if only because Akon was in it and I love anything that Akon sings in (it's a standard M music rule). I listened to her leaked demos of some of the songs on the album and was severely unimpressed. Finally, I gave her album a random listening to, and I have to say, it's good. Real good. She does electropop as good as Imani Coppola (don't know her? take a listen.) circa 1999. She's kind of quirky though, in the way that kind of freaks me out. After taking a peek at her wikipedia page it freaks me out even more that she's younger than me. Here I am wasting away in corporate America, drinking too much coffee and blogging to look productive and this chick is younger than me and writing songs for Britney Spears' new album. Some girls have all the luck.

Jealousy aside. No questions asked, this girl is good. I'll let her fashion choices slide -- she gets styled by Whitney Port afterall! And LC fixes her zippers! She does Gwen Stefani style music better than Stefani herself - ironic with GaGa's real name: (Stefani Germanotta). Hrm. No wonder she changed her name.

M's picks off the album: Paparazzi, Lovegame, Eh Eh (Nothing Else I Can Say), Poker Face.

Download. Listen. Love.
-M

Free Blog Counter
Pop Culture Paradox