"I'm not some delicate little flower!"



Okay. I bow down to those at NYMag.com. By far, the best Gossip Girl recap can be found every Tuesday morning there, at their beloved Daily Intel blog. Props to you guys. And this weeks is particularly humorous.

As expected, most of the highlights from last night's Gossip Girl were all in the promos. I feel like a girl that just spent $10 on a movie whose best moments were from the preview that could be found on Apple.com. There were, however, a few not-so-meaningless notes to point out.

S is upset over B, her queen bee-eff-eff, not being over the moon about her newly found relationshipdom with Lonely Boy. Boo freakin hoo S, but here's a newsflash. None of us really care. Why? Lonely Boy has become more obnoxious and more whiny than ever. His teeth are increasingly bothering me with every episode. And clearly he has an issue with Serena's social status. Still. Also annoying? S and Lonely Boy spend the entire episode stuck in an elevator during a NYC blackout. What do they do? Squabble, argue and eventually breakup. If I were stuck in an elevator during a blackout, believe me, I can think of much better things to do. I haven't hooked up with anyone in an elevator since I was eighteen and believe me, it was hot, and now overdue. Maybe I need to find an elevator asap... Shame on you S for not taking the bait. Tsk tsk.

Another Gossip Girl thought from last night? Did anyone else see a red flag with the Lord not wanting to do Blair as she asked? Something just screams gay about him - I'm sensing the next "big plot twist."
The one good scene in last night's episode? Watch it here.

Also on last night? The latest installment of The Hills. Mostly anti-climatic. GASP. LC dines with Holly (Heidi's sister -- does their mother really hate them or something? It's one unforch combination of names). Although my personal favorite scene was with Audrina's meeting with her boss at Epic Records. While her boss stresses the importance of the upcoming gig (with The White Tie Affair, who I love!!), Audrina's glazed over eyes just stare. No blinking, and no sign of any type of brain activity. I wonder what she's thinking about. Is she counting sheep? Counting how many men she's slept with? Counting how many days it's been since Justin Bobby last showered? Is she thinking anything at all?

Missed The Hills? Wish you didn't? Look at Gawker's summary!

In more (or less) important news. MTV has decided to cancel TRL. I haven't watched it since the departure of Carson Daly (the apple of my 8th grader eye). But still, it's rather sad. Where will MTV premiere Brit Brit's new video now? What about if *NSync reunite a la New Kids on the Block? Where else can girls gush about teenybopper pop music and have it be socially acceptable now? Can TRL just be like Mom's really good china dishes and be taken out when really really needed? Because I'm still holding out for a *NSync reunion, and I don't think my older co-workers will share in my excitement. Where will I find people equally excited as I?

-M

Free Blog Counter
Pop Culture Paradox