Rain Rain Go Away



It's supposed to be a complete washout of a weekend here in Boston. Luckily, I have my trusty Coach rainboots to keep my feet (and skinny jeans) dry on my way to work tomorrow morning.

Rain season (which tends to be year-round, especially as of late in Massachusetts), has been brought in with a load of designer goods, so you can still be fashionable - even if the bottoms of your favorite Seven for all Mankind jeans aren't.

While raincoats never necessarily ring loudly in terms of fashion (think poncho, pleather and ew), trenchcoats do. Perfect for rainy walks to work, this Juicy Couture one is available at Neimans this fall. I have never been partial on the belts that go around the midsection of the coat, they normally find their way in the back of my closet (with all those ugly shirts that I just can't part with). Either way, trenches like this look cute and sophiscated (and very Gossip Girl!) all at the same time!

Also on the rainy day must have list - a posh umbrella. Although, again, Juicy Couture comes through with a good option for young fashionistas, a double layered golf (aka: big ass and won't get you wet at all) umbrella like this one by Burberry gets the job done. Make sure to bring it into your dorm room (or apartment) with you though. We all know if the wrong person saw this propped up against your door, it'd be gone in a heartbeat (and you'd be out a hundred or so bucks).

Finally, I mentioned above my beloved Coach rainboots. There are plenty of rainboot options -- for the love of God, save my heart (and your wallet) and keep the suede Ugg or Tory Burch boots in your closet, away from water's harm. The classic, typical prep pair of rainboots are the Wellingtons (or Wellies). From what I've heard, these are top notch, keep your feet dry to the max kind of boot. Want something a bit more flashy? Juicy Couture's new line of rainboots aim to please even the more drenched of the fashion forward. Just don't forget your leggings or skinny jean -- no one likes the look of poofed pants out of the top of your cutest boot.

Stay dry!
-M

Free Blog Counter
Pop Culture Paradox