SONIC!

(image courtesy of: http://www.graphicdesignblog.org)

There are many things that I love about Boston and New England. I love the beach. I love the collegiate backdrop. I love the leaves getting crinkly and changing color after the first week of September. I love shopping on Newbury Street. One thing I don't love? My city (or rather, entire area)'s complete lack of the best fast food restaurant around.

I first tasted Sonic during Spring Break of my senior year of college. My boyfriend and I road tripped down south, and at the sight of the first Sonic, I was in love. Love. Love. Love. Their burger on texas toast (with a huge onion ring in the middle!). Their slushies that are half price during their 'Happy Hour.' Cherry Limeade. Strawberry. Watermelon. Delicious. From then on, Sonic was my Spring Break guilty pleasure. Designated specially for my vacation meals. With the complete lack of Sonic in the Massachusetts (or Connecticut, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, Maine or Vermont) area, I am Sonic deprived for the rest of the year.

Or rather, was Sonic deprived.

News broke yesterday in the Salem Evening News on the North Shore of Massachusetts, that yes, a Sonic restaurant is slated to open as early as August 2009 on Route 1 in Peabody, MA. Peabody, for all of you readers who don't actually know me, is the town directly next to my hometown of Danvers. Now, with every possible trip home to visit Mom and Dad, there's a Cherry Limeade slush and tater tots enticing me to see the parents and be a better daughter.

-M

Free Blog Counter
Pop Culture Paradox