April Fools Day - Ick.

(image courtesy of: http://blog.supportspace.com)
For those who 'celebrate' April Fools Day, Happy April Fools Day. I am not a celebrant, for the record. In fact, I really detest the idea of April Fools Day. I always appreciate gmail's efforts to celebrate the holiday, but other than that, the rise of social networking brought the fall of April Fools jokes. I am sick of seeing fake Facebook statuses today and it's only 2:30pm. Why would one joke about being pregnant? Married? I saw a Facebook friend of a friend who had posted a fake photo of an ultrasound, proclaiming his excitement to be a father in a few months. Gag me. We at Pop Culture Paradox do not condone lying. Talk about ruining the former-lighthearted mood of the holiday. What happened to middle school pranks as April Fools jokes? I'd gladly take those back.
-M

Free Blog Counter
Pop Culture Paradox