Bows, Bows, Bows!

(image courtesy of mrs-o.org)

While cruising the interwebs, I stumbled across the Mrs. O blog and shared the link with P. It is no secret of our love for America's First Lady (and President). My mom had Jackie Kennedy at my age, we were both graced with the style of Princess Diana, and now I have Michelle Obama in all of her style glory. My favorite look right now? Big bows. Obama rocked one in Prague on Saturday afternoon, giving me the confidence to finally invest in such a top. While the fabric allows for the top to maintain a crisp, clean look - the bow gives a flair of fun (and a bit of an Alice in Wonderland vibe) the the overall outfit.

While Mrs. O wears the new Moschino Bow Blouse from their spring 2009 collection, you and I can look (almost) as good as her in inexpensive options! My favorite? Norma Kamali for Walmart (yes, I said Walmart) sleeveless button-down bow shirt in white. At $15.00 a shirt, you can afford to wear white and not be scared of spilling your glass of Merlot, that pizza sauce from Unos, or that scoop of chocolate Ben and Jerry's on you. Talk about being a true recessionista.

Have some (or more than some) money leftover and feeling so good from spending so little on a trendy top? Splurge at Harrods (or Harrods online for us in the US) on more bow-trendy pieces, like this satin, pearl studded, bow clutch by Moschino Cheap & Chic to keep your ID, iPhone and cash safe (and cute!) on a martini night out with the girls.

-M

Free Blog Counter
Pop Culture Paradox