Joseph Chahfe at Sultan Gallery, Kuwait




Kuwait's Sultan Gallery is currently hosting Lebanese-Canadian artist Joseph Chahfe in a solo exhibition. I went to the opening and had the opportunity to chat at length with the artist. To say he was amazing would be severely understating it. He went on and on about how his life was incomplete about painting - and how he did it each and everyday...the most surprising thing for me, and I even asked him about it, was how he managed to have so much enthusiasm and passion for something in his life...I suppose that is the one thing I find severely lacking in our generation - nobody these days seems to have that kind of energy to devote to anything in their lives, whether it is a relationship, a career or a “hobby.”
Something about Chahfe's enthusiasm both excited and depressed me...I suppose it made me wonder whether this kind of passion comes with age or with pure devotion to one particular activity/person in your life...I think I am a fairly passionate about certain things in life - but is it possible that I'm passionate about too many things and that way the passion spreads out and rather than being directed fully at one thing and excelling at it, I kind of end up exhausting myself and not doing to well or not devoting enough time and energy to any one particular thing...? Does that make sense? Do you ever feel that way?

Free Blog Counter
Pop Culture Paradox