The Casual Friday Dilemma

Casual Friday
(image courtesy of [and made by me!] at polyvore.com)

Casual Fridays are hailed at offices as a wonderful convocation into the weekend. While I love Casual Friday just as much as the next twenty-something stuck in corporate America, I feel the need to set a few guidelines for those choosing to follow suit. In the above image I have created a Polyvore set (my new obsession) with a representation of the Casual Friday outfit I am wearing today (right now! as I type this!).

Firstly, Casual Friday should be called denim Friday. Casual Friday is not meant to be interpreted as pajama Friday, Juicy Couture tracksuit Friday or scrubby college clothes from the early 2000's Friday. Basically, everyone's goal on a Casual Friday is to wear normal work appropriate attire, only with denim as a pant. Today, I chose a pair of pencil cut Habitual jeans. Paired with a pair of brown ballet flats, a C&C California basic white tee and a preppy blazer (I'm wearing one by Pink by Victoria's Secret, the above shown is by Ralph Lauren), it creates a perfect work (and age) appropriate look. For added style, throw on a pair of aviators (I chose a large pair by Free People) during your walk to the subway.

Still confused as to what is Casual Friday appropriate? Keep the t-shirts by Junk Food (although so comfortable), Juicy Couture velour pants and flip-flops (yes, even if they're leather and cost a fortune) at home. That part of your wardrobe is what Saturday and Sundays are for!

-M

Free Blog Counter
Pop Culture Paradox