Michelle Obama, Topshop and Spring Trends!

(image courtesy of nymag.com & Getty Images)

Can we all just say awesome and give snaps where snaps are due to our fabulous (and fashionable!) First Lady, Michelle Obama? There she is (in the above photo) in London with Mr. President, and is wearing J. Crew. Yes! J.Crew! As in the store that is next to Abercrombie in the malls that you, I and every other New England prepster frequents for headbands, black skirts, fancy flip-flops and cable-knit sweaters. I love the realistic fashionista that our First Lady is. Extra points for the sparkles on the cardigan!

***

Also in the First Lady's suitcase is a Toledo dress to meet the Queen in. I love love love love the black and white colorblock styled dress and Jason Wu overcoat. Seems that the Queen loves the outfit too, since she gave Michelle Obama a hug! A hug from royality! It was either the outfit or the high-tech gift, since rumor has it that the Obamas gave the Queen an iPod as an arrival gift. I have a feeling that Mrs. Obama has a "get ready to be a fashionista" playlist like each girl does. I wonder if hers includes "Fashion" by Lady GaGa like mine...

***

NYMag's The Cut gave a sneak peek into Kate Moss's new line for Topshop. Take a look, and drool with me. Aren't the sequined dresses and tanks so Serena Van der Woodsen? Perfect for a night out getting martinis or for a Lady GaGa style concert. Plus, extra points for luck to New Yorkers with Topshop opening today! I'm so jealous.

***

Part of my love for Topshop is it's relative affordability and style. Everyone who knows me knows that I live for a good deal. That being said, click over to the Keratase Private Sale site and get 30% off of soon-to-be discontinued products! Every fashionista loves good hair products, and Keratase is, undoubtedly, the best of the best. But in this economy, my bathroom has more Pantene than Keratase. The hair gods must have heard my prayers. Hallejuah!

***

For you recessionistas (aren't we all?) looking for more bargains, NYMag has several suggestions. Like I always say, inexpensive doesn't equal cheap. Remember that! Even the big department stores are catching on, as designers are even lowering their prices.


-M

Free Blog Counter
Pop Culture Paradox