Topshop, Britney Spears and Lauren Bush -- All Making Waves In Fashion Today!

(photo courtesy of www.vanityfair.com)

The lovely people over at The Cut made Lauren Bush's clothing line, Lauren Pierce known to myself and my eyes and while, I'm sure politically we may differ, we can agree on style. Check out the designs in the image above and drool over the dress on the far-left with me. Mmmhmm. Perfect for summer barbecues and beach bonfire nights, count me in for needing a trip to Barneys to pick some of these pieces up.

***

Even more exciting than the dip-dye dress of my dreams is this promotion that Topshop did in NYC in light of the opening of the first US Topshop store on April 2nd. That's right, you read that correctly. Free giftcards handed out valued up to $500. Have you any clue what I'd do if some lady on the street handed me a $500 giftcard to one of my favorite stores (aside from think it was a scam)? Ingenius. I'm not sure if it'll make Topshop profits though, as I think $500 could buy quite enough of Kate Moss's designs.

***

P brought this interview to my attention last night (when it was an ungodly 4am hour in her time zone - get some sleep!) which elicited some ooh's and aah's from my laptop. Dsquared has always done Ms. Spears well. Who can ever forget this hot green costume Brit-Brit sported at the VMAs during her I'm A Slave For You days? I always did want to pull off such a costume around Halloween, but alas, my abs of steel will never match Britney's.

***

Oh Lady GaGa... wait. That's not Lady GaGa. Apparently Nicole Richie can pull off a fierce, bluntly cut bang too when she wants to.

***

Recanting what every blogger (including myself) reported a few days ago, Lauren Conrad sets the record straight. Have no fear, her and her clothing line will be back. Well then, thank goodness, I can sleep at night knowing that I can forever have pricey cotton dresses available at my disposal again.

***

In complete sad designer news. Tiffany & Co is suffering in this economy as well. According to this article, the company won't lower prices (maybe rightfully so?) but in this economy, can they afford not to? Do I need to run out and buy myself a lifetime's worth of champagne flutes before doors close? Maybe I'm getting too far ahead of myself, but nonetheless, life without a little blue box just feels so empty.

-M

Free Blog Counter
Pop Culture Paradox