Xpress Spa at Schiphol

M & I are busy working girls, her having just flown back from California, and me, in Canada at the moment for work...all this jet-setting definitely cuts into the funner things in life like time set aside for a spa day including manis/pedis, facials and massages...

Luckily for me, before flying out to Canada via Amsterdam, I did a little bit of googling and found that Xpress Spa had opened up about a year ago in Schiphol's lounge 2. Perfect place to be during a 7 hour lay over I figured.

Upon arrival, completely disheveled and to be honest, perhaps a bit delirious from the long haul flight and lack of sleep combo, I simply collapsed onto the first chairs that I saw...that just happened to be a recliner...gotta love thoughtful airports. (my only gripe about Schiphol...the complete lack of free wifi...LAME) Anyway, I napped for a good 3 hours after which I opened my eyes to the shiny brightness that was Xpress Spa...it was literally right infront of me without my even trying to find it. I got my stuff together and marched right it and asked for a manicure. Their overall menu is quite extensive...they offer massages, reflexology, mani/pedis, facials, and waxing (yes, including Brazilians...which they need to specify on the services list as for women only...i dont even want to know)
Although they had a wait time of 10-15 minutes, the saleswoman set me up (for free) in their super comfy beige leather loungers/automated massager thingys while I sat around.
When my manicurist finally came around, we ended up deciding on a French manicure (guess Lincoln Park After Dark, Russian Navy or Big Apple Red probably were not the best choices for a business trip anyway although I was giddy after spying all that OPI loot around me)
The manicure itself was pretty decent, my manicurist was a lovely Dutch woman who told me all about her life over white tips and coats of pale pink polish...I got to sit around waiting for my polish to dry on those leather chaises for another 30 minutes so it was pretty cool.
The price was a bit steep compared to a regular manicure (I paid approximately 40 US dollars excluding tip) and the service (for the price) was kinda lacking...
Having said that though, just the thought of relaxing and being pampered in an airport terminal during a ridiculously long lay over makes it mostly okay...plus its not a bad way to kill some time either.

Free Blog Counter
Pop Culture Paradox