How Facebook (and nice people!) Saved My Wallet

I have found that Facebook has many uses -- not just good for stalking ex-boyfriends and former frienemies.

Case in point...
While driving back from Florida this weekend, I slept for hours in the backseat of my boyfriend's little Honda Civic. The only time I woke up was when it was my turn to fill up the gas tank, found myself in some middle-of-nowhere gas station in Virginia. I filled up the tank, half-asleep, and rolled back into the car.

Fast-forward a dozen some hours to New York. Back in the Northeast of the US and I dig through my Juicy Couture Daydreamer tote to fork out my id case for some cash. It's nowhere. I make my boyfriend pull over the car, empty out the backseat, all bags and purse. Nowhere. I lament over the loss of my cash, my credit cards, my license and my favorite Coach ID holder, and call it a day. The only casuality of my vacation was my wallet, and I guess in the grand scheme of things, it could be worse.

I'm getting over my loss, until last night when I log onto Facebook, when a good samaritan tracks me down and sends me a message saying that he, too, was from New England, travelling back from Florida on vacation, and found my wallet at a random Virginia gas station. My wallet, as in fully intact. Cash. Cards. Cute Coach holder. He's sending it back to me today, and I told him to keep some of the cash as a thank you. Just when I've lost hope in humankind - a good person who deserves all the great karma possible crosses my path. Consider this girl's hope restored.

-M

Free Blog Counter
Pop Culture Paradox