Bug Eyes?

(photo courtesy of: http://icon03.files.wordpress.com)

If you happen to be among the lucky and can view my Facebook profile, you may have seen this message from my friend D last night on my wall:

m!

since u have some form of influence over pop culture now, start the transition of girls NOT wearing sunglasses that cover half their face!!! please! its pretty terrible. any and all efforts toward this are appreciated. thank you.

sincerely,

guys everywhere


Unfortunately D, I can't help you with your anti-bug eye mission. Everyone knows that I love myself a pair of oversized sunglasses just as much as the next Nicole Richie, Paris Hilton, Audrey Hepburn or Jackie O wannabe. Round or square, I don't care what shape sunglasses may be, but they have to be big.

I remember the first pair of oversized sunglasses I bought were the Coach 'Samantha' style glasses back in 2005. While working my first full time summer job, I saved up enough in one week to splurge on the $200 sunglasses and, yes, still own them to this day. Since then I've rotated through various other designers, shapes and sizes -- most recently falling in love with some Marc Jacobs aviators -- but already return to the trusty Coach glasses. Maybe it's the fact my mom told me the afternoon post-purchase in 2005, "Ooo! Your glasses! You look very Jackie O!" Which, of course, was the intended reaction. And every fashion savvy girl (or guy!) knows that it always feels good to have your fashion mission accomplished.

-M


Free Blog Counter
Pop Culture Paradox