Fashion Roundup

(photo courtesy of www.newsday.com)

So what if it's twenty-freaking-five lousy degrees in Boston, MA this week? My mind is on spring fashion -- and no, I'm not talking about resortwear that's meant to be worn on holiday -- I mean full out, real, t-shirt-short skirt-sundress style spring clothes. I'm getting so sick of my black pinstriped pants that I may have a commemorative bonfire on the first day it strikes 70 degrees in the city.

Anyway, a few notes on the fashion world as it stands right now. A big R.I.P. goes out to Lauren Conrad's fashion line. What will she do now? No more Hills episodes after this season. No more clothing line. What will she... oh, right. If I made 60k per episode I made, I'd quit working and spend my days inside Bloomingdales too.

On a far lighter note, apparently Matthew Williamson is creating a line for H&M. The trusty bloggers over at The Cut got their hands on a slideshow of some of the pieces and I must say, I am impressed. Very impressed. I have my eyes on the peacock inspired dress. Hot.

Finally, opinions are wanted in regards to Christian Siriano's new shoe line for Payless. That's right, I said it. Payless. Before you're quick to judge and throw these shoes by the trash, take a look. In this recession, times are tough and a pair of Louboutins are just not in the picture for most of us. So how do we feel about the shoes that Siriano offers? I see only two pairs I'd dare try. How do we feel about the prices of between $25 and $45? Very good. Very very good.

-M

Free Blog Counter
Pop Culture Paradox