YouTube Makes The World Go 'Round

(photo courtesy of www.macuser.com)

As a marketing and trend finding theme, the world of Web 2.0 gave us one of the best inventions ever. YouTube. We all know it. We all love it. And I'm thankful my office hasn't banned it from work computers. My love for YouTube is almost as great as my love for SNL's Andy Samberg. I once told one of my college boyfriends that my love for Andy Samberg might rank him as my #1 favorite Jewish boy (behind the said-boyfriend-at-the-time). Regardless, I find it to be no coincidence that my love for Andy Samberg, the reigning king of the viral video, happens to coincide with my love for YouTube.

With this being said, I give to you my top three, all-time favorite viral YouTube videos (in random order - with most featuring Mr. Samberg). Watch, enjoy - and thank me later if this list saves you from boredom at your job tomorrow.

The Lonely Island - I'm On A Boat.
This video had me at the line, "I got a nautical themed Pashmina afghan."

SNL - Dick In A Box
(Uncensored here)
An oldie but a goodie. Enough said.

Smirnoff Raw Tea Commercial

"'Cause no one's hotter than a New England gangster."
Basically the story of my New England bred life. Oh, and this commercial did it's job. What did I do when I turned 21 a few years ago? Buy Smirnoff Raw Tea. Did I even like it? No. Did I drink it anyway and buy it again? Yes.

-M

Free Blog Counter
Pop Culture Paradox