"I'm an actor. I got into this business so I didn't have to work."


Okay, okay. I choose, many times, to overlook and not publicly declare my love for the HBO show that is Entourage. Why? Because it's a blatant guy show. And I don't mean that in the best of terms. I mean it's what Sex and the City was and is to women. Us girls get Carrie, Miranda, Charlotte and Samantha. The guys get Vince, Ari Gold, Turtle, Drama and E. However, after watching the season 5 finale on demand last night after work, I am compelled to write, without hesitation, my complete fixation and love for this show (and Ari Gold). However, there are a few points that need to be pointed out and/or fixed. HBO execs, take out your leather bound notepads now.

1.) Why are the episodes, at most, 24 or so minutes long? How can you tell a sufficient story in 24 minutes? Although it pulls it off well, at the end of every episode, I'm left with this, "oh, that's it?" feeling. That's not the best feeling to have. It's a feeling that one would get after only being able to eat half of a cupcake, and not all of it. The cake but no frosting. And while we're on this, it's not just the episodes that are short, but how is the season finale already over and done with? What am I supposed to do on Sunday nights now? Come on! Fulfill my need, please?

2.) Please tell me other people heard that this Turtle/Jamie Lynn Siegler storyline isn't a complete joke. Page Six saw them (in real life! in the flesh!) making out at some club. Awkward. I feel awfully sketchy about real life playing out plot lines.

3.) Oh Ari Gold. You are my dream man. You have almost all of the typical traits that I look for in a man. You're a complete dbag. You're Jewish. And you're arrogant. And you have good style. Swoon.

For you guys that haven't watched season 5 yet (or any for that matter) - shame on you. Seasons on DVD tend to be on sale at Best Buy frequently. Pick them up for $20 or $25 a pop and enjoy.

-M

Free Blog Counter
Pop Culture Paradox