Live-Blogging Love


I have gone through countless episodes of MTV's True Life and an episode of Paris Hilton's My New BFF in anxious anticipation for this documentary. First up, a hour of a "live" (aka, pre-taped where Brit-Brit might have snubbed her fans) countdown of Britney's best MTV moments. I'm so anxious to get this ball rolling, that the live blogging starts now...

8:59pm: Oooh. It's starting. Black and white medley of some of Brit's best video moments. I'm glued to my television with my extra butter Orville Redenbacher popcorn -- although, maybe Cheetos might be a more appropriate snack choice...

9pm: She's on screen! Holy boobies.

9:02pm: Me Against The Music. Maybe the start of her downfall mentally. But gosh, I love this song. Holy 90s clothing though. Are those brown pleather pants she's wearing? Ouch. Did we all really think that was cool? (The answer is yes.)

9:06pm: Who is this woman that's her 'friend?' Why don't I remember this "Total Britney Live" show that was on whenever this was? Aw. Brit's in happy tears. I miss good 'ol Britney back before the crazy.

9:10pm: PLEASE MTV. STOP THE DOCUMENTARY CLIPS AND PREVIEWS AND JUST AIR THE WHOLE DAMN THING. I'M SO SICK OF SEEING THE SAME 30 SECONDS OF IT OVER AND OVER.

9:13pm: Commercial break - and there's a Fantasy by Britney Spears commercial. For one, I own this perfume and I love love love it (even if it made my then-boyfriend almost gag from it's scent when I first got it for Christmas 2006). For two, I haven't seen a Britney Spears perfume ad in how long? Coincidence? I think not.

9:16pm: Holy jesus. Britney Spears dolls. I forgot about those. No wonder she went crazy. If there was a doll made of me circa age 16, I think I'd go nutty at some point...

9:16pm: Britney Spears & NSync at the 1999 VMAs. BEST PERFORMANCE EVER. I have this downloaded off of MxTube on my iPhone. I won't lie. Still one of my favies. Look at Justin Timberlake's hair. Rock that White boy 'fro. I wonder how awkward it is for her to see performances with her ex... I would imagine just as awkward as it'd be for me. Which means very.

9:19pm: OMG. I LOVED MTV'S DIARY SHOW. Oh my gosh. Where did all of MTV's good shows go? Why did they leave with my youthfulness? Anyway, I'm trying to do the math right now, but how old was Britney when this Diary was filmed? 20? Definitely no older than 21? Right? She looks so much older.

9:26pm: So cute at her reminiscing about the I'm A Slave For You VMA performance with the snake. I remember seeing this performance and deciding there and then that I wanted abs like hers. Maybe I can get more in shape and be her circa this performance for Halloween. Thoughts?

9:31pm: I thought this was such a good idea. Her little mini-surprise nightclub tour. I love seeing how nervous she is in these clips. It's kind of sad and relieving at the same time. Oh lord, I remember watching this and seeing those badass tattoo sleeves she wore and I just thought, WTF, WHY? Ick.

9:38pm: Oh! The Oops...I Did It Again VMA performance. I loved the jeweled outfit she rocked. I remember my mother being so appalled. I remember when the VMAs were good like this. Every year I tune into the VMAs, hoping that they'll magically become amazing again like these shows were. Brit. NSync. BSB. Oh, my childhood.

9:42pm: How are we already at the #2 moment? And how is it this years VMAs? I'm still shocked at her 'sweeping' the 2008 VMAs. What a publicity stunt. Piece of Me wasnt' even a good video.

9:44pm: Jesus. Another Britney Spears perfume ad. This one for Curious. I remember when my Mom got me Curious as a gift when I really wanted Fantasy. I never liked how Curious smelled kind of like an old lady.

9:46pm: Britney Spears perfume commercial #3 for the hour.

9:49pm: Number one moment. The Madonna kiss. Wow. Didn't see that one coming, now did we. I love how the kiss was such a huge deal that the fact that Christina Aguilera was in the performance too is completely overlooked. This performance sums up my high school career. I was so obsessed with it. Big LOL at Snoop Dogg giving the thumbs up in the audience when XTina belted out "Like a virgin."

9:52pm: I wonder if they'll show Justin's awkward reaction to the Brit/Madonna kiss...

9:53pm: Oh they did. How really awkward.

Okay. Coming up next - she introduces her own documentary. I wonder how this will be edited since everywhere online said how her manager basically just shooed her offstage at the end of the taping. Hrm. Anyway, watch the documentary. I want to give it undivided attention, so the live-blogging stops here (sorry to disappoint).

Have a great week everyone - I'll be back blogging after my vacation!

-M

Free Blog Counter
Pop Culture Paradox