You say I'm crazy, I got your crazy



I cannot lie. I have been waiting for this comeback for years. Since before the shaved head incident, and the disaster-ridden interview with Matt Lauer on Dateline NBC. I have been waiting for Brit-Brit to get her act together, get her hair looking good, and be the pop princess I idolized throughout my middle and high school years. Thank god, it seems like she's back (and I knock on wood as I say this).

Over the past few days, temporarily freed from the everyday tasks of my job, I found the new video for Womanizer on YouTube. I missed the premiere which was, oddly enough, on 20/20 the other night, but figured it's for the better since YouTube gives the extended, "uncensored" video. A few observations I have...

1.) P and I both agree that the video is Toxic version 2.0. Even the guy in the video (the womanizer, I assume), looks to be the same actor. Maybe the only way to truly get back into the swing of Brit's hayday is to actually go back in time. If the video seems oddly remincient of 2003 or so, then so can our memories -- to a time before Kevin Federline, babies, acting like white trash -- you get the jist.

2.) Also with the look of the video, Britney's look has somehow reverted back to 2003. How she can somehow look as good as she did four years ago, I do not know. The hair. The makeup. The body (has anyone else seen those sauna scenes?!). I can't even work off 5 freakin' pounds. Some people have all the luck.

3.) Britney with a black haired bob < href="http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1596736/20081009/spears_britney.jhtml">this in late November. An exclusive documentary? Britney finally talking about everything? Finally, the television special I've been waiting for. Let's hope she bashes her mother's tell-all book (I know I would).

-M

Free Blog Counter
Pop Culture Paradox