NOLA


Dear readers, I'm sorry for my absence (yet again). I was on a business trip in New Orleans -- no laptop, no internet, no time to blog. I know, sad stuff - but have no fear, I'm back (and so is the celebrity gossip).

Before I move onto getting to the matters of the day in the celebreality world that we live in, consider this a public service announcement from yours truly.

The picture, taken above by a co-worker for a conference I work for, was taken this past Saturday morning in the 9th ward of New Orleans -- for those who don't watch their CNN (shame on you), this would be the less affluent, most affected area by Hurricane Katrina in 2005. Yes. I did write 2005. Does anyone else see the debris on the rooftop? That's from the water that washed debris onto the rooftop. In 2005. Are you catching my drift here? The city, although fun and beautiful and crazy downtown (hello Bourbon Street!), is still reeling from the destruction of three years ago. Is anyone (aside from Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt) doing anything about this? Is our government? I think you all know the answer to that.

Just a reminder that there is more to this life than celebrities, gossip, fashion and sports (although that is what this blog focuses on). I think I speak for P and myself when I tell you all, dear readers, to get up and do something productive. Help out your community, get involved, and don't turn a blind eye to the reality of the world. Make us, and yourselves, proud.

-M

Free Blog Counter
Pop Culture Paradox