Mean Girls

Girl on girl crimes.

I stumbled across this a few days ago during my daily ritual of checking out websites for my early morning news fix. In short, it is a rambling monologue on "Why some women hate Sarah Palin."
Sure, I am no fan of Ms. Palin but this article just made me mad and reminded me of all the mean girls I've encountered in my life (not that many, thankfully!)

The writer lists three main reasons for why women hate Ms. Palin, and they are:

- She's too pretty
- She's too confident
- She could embarass us

Do I really need to say anything? The ridiculousness of the fact that she might be hated (as a politician) for being too pretty or too confident is simply beyond me.

"...never to discount the ability of women to open a robust, committed, well-thought-out vat of hatred for another girl."

"Women are weapons-grade haters. Hillary Clinton knows it. Palin knows it too. When women get their hate on, they don't just dislike, or find disfavor with, or sort of not really appreciate. They loathe — deeply, richly, sustainingly."

Now, I am not really sure who appointed this writer to be the rep. for all of womankind but her statements do not encapsulate my own personal reasons for my 'intense dislike' of Ms. Palin as a VP candidate. I am not a fan of her politics (surprise, surprise), and she is sorely mistaken if she believes she has foreign policy experience because she can "see Russia from Alaska!"
She was picked in a sexist attempt to appeal to women voters but guess what, if the race to the White House was anything like the Apprentice, she would have been FIRED!
This is one of those articles written simply in the hopes of making a splash...and it does (making headlines on cnn.com and yahoo.com)...but more in the way that one ungracefully belly-flops into the pool of serious news analysis.

Free Blog Counter
Pop Culture Paradox