M is for...

(image courtesy of ruelala.com)

Me. Naturally. But when I’m in a giving, selfless mood, M also stands for Missoni. I always feel as though I channel Mischa Barton during her Marissa Cooper on The O.C days when I see Missoni. Fun, summery and kaleidoscope colorful, it exemplifies the luxury West Coast lifestyle that she encompassed. Plus, we all remember the scene when pre-boat party, Julie Cooper tells Marissa to wear a Missoni to look presentable.

I picked up the above green patent leather M Missoni tote at a sample sale within my office last week and I am obsessed. Big enough to fit all of my summer books, fashion magazines, designer frocks and Havaiana flip-flops, it’s my ultimate summer weekender bag. I was lucky enough to find it discounted, and believe you me, worth every penny. While there’s no more of this bag left, there are some M Missoni products over at the Final Sale at Rue La La. Grab them before I do!

While I gushed about my new bag purchase to P, she informed me that her city trumps mine with a Hotel Missoni just about completed in Kuwait City. Consider it Missoni Central, as Wikipedia calls it a lifestyle hotel that will “include 106 luxuriously stylish guest rooms and 63 suites (all with spectacular views of the Persian Gulf), a signature Missoni Cucina restaurant, a Mocha Missoni coffee bar, a chocolate café with an outdoor terrace, a 1530 square meter Six Senses Spa, a spacious, high-tech fitness facility and a large outdoor swimming pool overlooking the Gulf. Additional facilities will include a business center and several state-of-the-art conference rooms, as well as a spacious ballroom for large-scale events. All facilities will be decorated with Missoni's signature design elements, including lines, stripes, zig-zags and colors. Even the swimming pool will be tiled in Missoni's stripes and colors.”


Hotel Missoni and Pinkberry? Maybe it’s time to book a trip to visit P sooner rather than later…

-M

Free Blog Counter
Pop Culture Paradox