M's Uniform Project

Uniform Project
Uniform Project by PopCultureParadox
(Featuring navy blue jumper from Old Navy, C&C California white tee, David Yurman rope bangle, Tiffany & Co chain link bracelet, Havaiana, Hollister and AE flip flops and Blair Waldorf-esque headbands)


I took a little inspiration this morning from The Uniform Project (which P and I love!) while searching through my closet. While I attended private schools for 13 years, I was blessed with the freedom of dress codes, sans formal uniforms. Today, years later, tucked away in a back corner of my closet hung a navy blue, private school uniform style jumper. A diamond in the rough found while discount shopping. The perfect summertime length, its pleated skirt falls about two inches above my knee and snugs in all the right places.

To my delight, a simple navy blue jumper is a canvas. A flattering canvas at that. Accessorizing and creating an age-appropriate look for a twenty-something proved simple with flip flops, jewelry and a headband. I paired mine with a ribbed white tee, nautical J.Crew flip-flops and silver bracelets (one Tiffany & Co chain link and one skinny roped silver bangle)

For future outfits? Ideas already pop into my mind. Leggings in the the fall with ballet flats. A blue-green plaid tie a la Serena van der Woodsen in Gossip Girl. Gold jewelry. Peacock feathered headbands. A chunky cocktail ring.

While unlike The Uniform Project's Sheena Matheiken, I cannot create such a look every day (and I commend her for doing so), finding such a simple outfit staple to create a uniquely individual outfit proves refreshing and fabulous.

-M

Free Blog Counter
Pop Culture Paradox