Even the recession can be trendy

(image courtesy of: http://www.feltclubboston.com)
Living in the city isn’t easy on a budget – and believe me, I know this fact firsthand. I’m known to break my budget on a twice-a-day basis. On the upside of the current dreary American economy are food specials. I live in a city that doesn’t allow happy hour (literally, legally, it’s a Blue Book law), but this doesn’t prevent food specials. Thankfully.

While I’ve scoped out several deals in the city (10 cent wings at the Asgard on Mondays, one dollar tacos at La Verdad on Tuesdays), my personal favorite weekly event is Recessionista Wednesdays at Felt on Washington Street. My three childhood best friends, K, C, L and I attended a few weeks in a row and left both times impressed, with full stomachs and wallets. The special $3 menu features appetizers such as garlicky shrimp and entrees like chicken picatta and mini chesse or veggie burgers. Desserts include apple crisp in martini glasses. Surprisingly enough, the menu as a whole was inexpensive with a half-order of lobster risotto costing a mere $8. Drinks range from about $6 to $10, so choose wisely and have only one or two. We all seem to approve of the red or white sangria (and, let’s face it, when isn’t sangria a good choice?).

Best yet, Felt sets a theme to each Recessionista Wednesday. Two weeks ago it was a chocolate theme – complete with chocolate fountain, dessert samples from a local bakery and celebrity trivia. Future themes include the Boston Red Sox, celebrities and country (as in country music). Count me in and remind me to look photo ready.

-M

Free Blog Counter
Pop Culture Paradox