High & Low. The Best Pairing Ever.

High Meets Low

(image features DvF skirt, Theory tee, Pink by Victoria's Secret sandals, Forever 21 necklace and ring and H&M earrings)


I love fused together opposites. Sweet and sour dipping sauce. Black and white colorblock dresses. Hot tea with ice cubes. In fashion, it’s no different. I strive to mix and match high and low. In today’s economy, it’s finally frowned upon to wear head to toe high-end haute couture. Afterall, it’s about priorities. While I’d love to wear a $1200 top from Christian Dior with a Roberto Cavalli skirt everyday, I also love to eat and have food in my freezer.

For young twenty-something professionals, mixing high and low is easy thanks to H&M and Forever 21. Pair a DvF skirt, Theory top and Colin Stuart shoes from Victoria's Secret with a funky necklace from Forever 21 (for under $5!) and some leggings from H&M (under $10!). Another suggestion? Wear a Forever 21 skirt with a Tory Burch cardigan and flats and fool everyone into thinking you spent a fortune. Your secret's safe with me.


-M


Free Blog Counter
Pop Culture Paradox