"I'm Your Biggest Fan, I'll Follow You Until You Love Me, Papa-Paparazzi"

(image courtesy of: http://the-entertainment-fanatic.blogspot.com)

The rain started to roll into Boston, giving me time to catch up on Lady GaGa's latest artsy video venture, the music video for Paparazzi. When I initially listened to The Fame last summer, Paparazzi jumped to the top of each and every of my iTunes playlists and ringtone choices. I loved the pop culture fanatic message of the song and what it says about today's contemporary culture, tied with GaGa's sarcastic approach to it.

GaGa's video for her upteenth (okay, only 4th) single from The Fame proves to continue down her pop arty, pop culture questioning, cheeky and dark image that she's created. Entertainment Weekly wrote that they, "Have no words" for the eight-minute long epic of a music video. She gets thrown off of a balcony by a skeezy boyfriend, has an orgy with a bunch of Daisy of Love girls, appears with teacup (!!!) and does something mugshot worthy. Tasteless? Watch for yourself. Entertaining? Yes, probably, although if I want to watch a video warning about the dangers of paparazzi, I'll probably stick to the standby Britney Spears Everytime vid. Another personal favorite.

-M

Free Blog Counter
Pop Culture Paradox