Gossip Girl Spinoff? Thumbs Up!

(image courtesy of: http://cdn.buzznet.com)

Firstly, my apologies, dear readers. My new job brings few opportunities to blog. I believe in the quality over quantity value, and so should all of you.

That being said, who caught last night's
Gossip Girl, that included the pilot for the yet-to-be-titled Lily Rhodes Van der Woodsen spinoff? For the first time in a long time, I disagree with this weeks' Daily Intel roundup. I sat in my living room with my friends and we ate up every moment of the episode. The transitions from 1980s Lily to current day Serena and gang were seamless. The 80s fashions were believable and admirable -- enough for us to decide to throw an 80s themed party in the near future. Plus, can anyone else sense some of the 80s look coming back? Did anyone else swoon over Lily's blazer (see above photo)? I love me some tweed. Anyway, we love Lily as a teenager just as much (if not more), than Serena -- at the very least, Lily had impeccable hair as a teen and doesn't look like she rolled out of bed like Serena always does.

There, of course, were a few downsides. Unlike the Daily Intel, the thought of Keith Van der Woodsen being Serena's father is gagworthy. As a former Rufus fan, I wonder how Lily could have possibly chosen Keith over Rufus. His Tom Cruise circa Top Gun look was enough to make me want to cry. Also, why couldn't Gossip Girl have given us a proper prom episode? Blair and Serena going to get their makeup done. Their updos perfected. Their mani/pedi combination. Sigh. If only.

But, of course, every negative is erroneous when the fact of the matter is that No Doubt was on Gossip Girl! I loved them as an 80s band. I love their cover of Stand and Deliver. I love Gwen Stefani. Period. The end.

-M

Free Blog Counter
Pop Culture Paradox