How (not) to organize your closet


Hi, my name is P. and I'm a confessed closet-clutterer...wardrobe-wrecker...or whatever else you'd like to call me (and yes, neglectful blogger wouldn't be completely out of left field).

Every so often (usually every semester while I was still in school) I redo my closet (that is usually in a state of shambles)...things are pulled out, tried on and tossed, old clothes rediscovered and many many many instances of buyers remorse relived...

I went through one of those recently, after noticing that I was in the habit of pulling out the same reliable believe-it-or-not Gap black button down and dark Sevens...I would team "the outfit" with flip-flops and a large tote for grocery shopping with the parents, with gladiator sandals, large gold hoops and a stack of gold bangles for a night out, with poker straight hair, pearls and heels for work, hair thrown up in a messy bun and a bright red headband and flats for a Starbucks run with friends...I knew it was bad when I tried to make it interview-appropriate (don't worry, dear reader, a sudden flash of common sense steered me away at the last moment)

I figured the best thing to do was to purge my wardrobe of all the stuff I hadn't worn in the last year and go fish for new outfits, mix-n-matchable stuff if you will, in the dark deep depths of my closet...

So much for that theory...

I pulled out everything out of my closet, let it lay around in my room for 4-5 days and packed
about 75% of it away into wicker baskets courtesy IKEA...

Now I'm left with the few pairs of jeans and t-shirts I have on constant rotation...and the perfect excuse to go shopping for a whole new wardrobe...

Oh well, you can't say I didn't try...

Free Blog Counter
Pop Culture Paradox