East Coast. West Coast. The Drama’s All The Same.

(image courtesy of tvguide.com)

I’ve been holding off on this post. I can’t quite articulate how I feel after watching the premieres The Hills and The City this week.

In short. I miss Lauren Conrad. I hate Spencer Pratt’s cowboy hat. I wish Lo Bosworths’ Ray Ban aviators fit her face properly. I think Kristin Cavallari trashes up The Hills (don’t blame me for saying it, I’m merely agreeing with other bloggers), but her Missoni bikini gave her a point or two in my book. Audrina bores me. Justin Bobby’s facial hair scares me.
I found myself texting more during the episode than watching. Does that mean The Hills is boring? I'm frustrated after watching them. I know that I could make a more amusing reality show, and I know all the drama on the show is faker than Audrina's tan. Plus, I’m tired of the drama. When The Hills was a staple in my (and my best friends’) lives and we spent nights watching television in my dorm room, our drama paralleled theirs. Friendemies. Exes. Boyfriends. Since, my friends and I have all bid adieu to the drama in our lives. Goodbye relateability. Hello Heidi and Spencer house-hunting. No thanks.

On page two, The City continues to be the worst show ever. Highlights include Kelly Cutrone’s attitude, the theme song and the look on Whitney Port’s face when her new “roommate” throws a “small get together.” Why do I keep watching these shows? Does MTV slip subliminal messages into the programming? If I play a DVR’ed episode backwards will I hear Heidi Montag’s voice coercing me to keep on watching?

-M

Free Blog Counter
Pop Culture Paradox