Shoe Obsession

(image courtesy of thelook4less.net)


Last night, while shopping in downtown Boston, I ventured out of my shoe comfort zone and fell in love. My feet are used to comfort. Minnetonka moccasins. Ugg boots. Havaiana flip flops. Heels happen, but never all day, and not without a grimace.

Introduce the bootie. I scoffed at the trend a few years ago. I couldn’t conceive how they could be comfortable or flattering. Apologies, dear booties. I retract all former statements, because I (and my feet) are in love.

Booties have been hugging my feet since 7:30am. No pain. No blisters. No discomfort. No need to switch out into my moccasins (that yes, are inside my tote here at work). I am four inches taller. I stood next to someone on the T shorter than I. Yes, I am officially obsessed with this shoe.

Bootie recommendation from bootie veterans? Shoot them over to me at popcultureparadox@gmail.com.

-M

Free Blog Counter
Pop Culture Paradox