Tricks of the Trade


(image courtesy of nioxinhairproducts.com)

Confession. I'm blessed with good hair. As a young girl, friends oohed and aahed while running their fingers through my thick locks. I quickly realized the benefits of good hair -- volume, texture, control, style. I brag, but before anyone passes judgment on my admitted bragging, I'm willing to give up a few secrets - my ultimate tricks of the trade.

Even with good hair, it's vital to know which products work best. I swear by a handful of products, day in and day out. Cross my heart, my hair isn't nearly as ooh and aah worthy without them.

Silky Sexy Hair shampoo and conditioner - Perfect for thick locks. Expect a lather with oomph, a smooth rinse, and a to-die-for scent that converts a shower into a spa session. Plus, the title is just fun to say. SilkySexyHair. Say it three times fast and it becomes a mantra.

Kerastase Nutritive Nectar Thermique - A must have leave-in nourishing heat protectant for any and all flat iron users. Overheating is a kiss of death for perfect hair, and no one likes split ends. No one.

Jonathan Product Dirt Texturizing Paste - Comb through hair ends after drying and straightening. This defines like no other, and is the best friend to choppy long layers.

Hair spray - A product that works perfectly regardless of brand. Word to the wise - please use sparingly. Please. This is not the 1980s, and Aqua Net alone never creates an appropriate look.

-M

Free Blog Counter
Pop Culture Paradox