I Really, Really, Really Want…

(image courtesy of instyle.com and Victoria Beckham Collection)

Posh Spice was always my favorite Spice Girl. Sporty wore too much ADIDAS. Ginger wore too many leotards. Scary only really accessorized her tongue ring (ew). Baby just couldn’t let go of the pigtail look. But Posh in her chic LBD, platform pumps, and blunt bob screamed sophistication. Even at the tender (and fashionably not) age of 10, I knew a good thing when I saw it.

I am no longer 10 (thank goodness). And she isn’t Posh Spice anymore. Victoria Beckham grew from pouting pop star to bonafide envy-worthy fashion designer in mere years. Yes, earlier designs left much to be desired (Dvb denim for Rock & Republic, anyone?). But the growth showcased during New York Fashion Week last month? Simply astonishing.

“I’m really enjoying learning about draping this season,” Beckham told revelers at her fall 2010 show. Learning? Think mastering. An anything-but-frumpy red long sleeved mini-dress pulls off a blanket-style look with an air of class. But, then again, should anyone expect anything but class from a girl formerly known as Posh? Methinks no.

-M

Free Blog Counter
Pop Culture Paradox