The Ick Factor

(image courtesy of Google images & flickr.com)

There are many, many trends that I adore. Nautical stripes. Bigger-than-necessary leather totes. Chunky cocktail rings. I write. I shop. I gush. But, I realize that not all trends are filled with fabulousity. Some simply bring on the ick factor.

Case in point? This spring’s venture into army-inspired camouflage. This look is appropriate in scarce instances. A high school powderpuff game. While starring in the sequel to GI Jane. In the woods or in the military -- when, you know, one may actually need to be camouflaged.

I do not want to see camouflage t-shirts strolling down Newbury Street. I do not want to see camouflage shorts as I sail along the Charles River. I absolutely do not want to see camouflage skirts anywhere (yes, including all college girls dressed for theme party greatness). Please stylistas, just say no to this trend and let it fade away into the summer. Embrace flip flops and cozy t-shirts as spring finally ushers in – and leave the camo garb elsewhere. Please, and thank you.

-M

Free Blog Counter
Pop Culture Paradox