Bloomies Totes. A Must Have.

(image courtesy of Google images, flickr.com & Bloomingdales)

It’s come to mind that every fashion-forward (or at least shopaholic) girl has a go-to store. The department store of choice that feels like Disney World. For my friend who spent a year living in London, it was obviously Harrods. For best friend A and I, it’s Neiman Marcus. However, I feel my alliances switching hands (have no fear Neimans, I still love you!). Behold Bloomingdales. A stranger to the Boston proper shopping scene, it’s only Massachusetts location is in Chestnut Hill – luckily a hop, skip and a jump away from my new apartment.

Catching my eye on the site while I browse today? The signature Bloomingdale’s totes.

Three years ago, I relentlessly asked an now-ex for one as a birthday/holiday gift. Think the Bloomingdale’s page with the item on it magically appearing as his home webpage. Magazine clippings sprawled out on desks with photos of it. I’m a girl that knows what I want. In return, I received a birthday gift of the tote, filled with h2o bath and shower goodies.

Although the relationship ended, my love for the bag did not. In fact, it sits at my feet under my cubicle this moment, stuffed with my day planner, lunch rations, chick lit book of the week and various bags of Skittles. Three years is a long run for a bag, and it might be time for an upgrade. It might just be time for me to go green and invest in the “Medium Canvas Bag.” I owe it to the environment, right?

-M

Free Blog Counter
Pop Culture Paradox