Absolut Boston? Absolutely.

(image courtesy of http://www.luxuo.com & Google image search)

As I type, roommate K and I sit on our living room couch, watching television (Sweet Home Alabama on TBS!) and trying this year's Absolut Boston vodka. I initially scoffed at the black tea and elderberry (what is elderberry anyway?) flavor. I assumed that, yes, I may have spent the twenty dollars on the pretty Green Monster inspired bottle. I bought it because, yes, I would be a bad Bostonian if I didn't. Plus the bottle could make do for a makeshift vase one day...

The first sip of our drinks, the Absolut Boston and Ginger (Absolut Boston, ginger ale and a twist of lime) put our worries to ease. Perfectly balanced with a subtle taste of tea (which yes, we realized after the fact was a nod to the historical Boston tea party) without any overdone vodka bite.

Need it as much as we do now? Hurry, it's a limited edition vodka - and I plan on stocking up. Feel okay about splurging on a few bottles, part of the profits benefit the local Charles River Conservancy. Here's to hoping that sales of the vodka can help clean up our beloved dirty water a little bit. It'd be nice to sail in clearer water.

-M

Free Blog Counter
Pop Culture Paradox