Fall Transitions

(image courtesy of boston.com)

Somehow the summer slipped by me. We have entered the final week of summer. Suddenly it’s the season for back-to-school shopping (the only part of being a student that I really and truly miss) and packing away the beloved flip-flops and white jeans. I lament the loss of the last few months. I’m absolutely not ready to say goodbye to summer clothing yet.

The best part of summer clothing is the coinciding casual, laid-back attitude. There’s no need for stuffy button-up collared shirts when the sun is shining and there’s cute sundresses. The predicament while waving goodbye to summer is how to maintain the summer attitude – even in the bitterly cold Boston winters.

My tip? Trade flip flops for comfortable (but still stylish and even work appropriate) moccasins. While heels feel powerful – and taller – feet need a break from a 4 inch arch and Minnetonka moccasins are the answer. Also a good option? Moccasins by Ugg. Just as comfy and warm as Uggs, without the Ugg stigma.

With this, I’m trying to maintain a positive outlook with the impending brisk fall weather. The only thing keeping my fashion excitement afloat is my pile of cashmere in my closet. Sweater season, here I come.

-M

Free Blog Counter
Pop Culture Paradox