An Open Letter to the Boston Area Guys That Ride the Green E Line Subway from the Prudential to Park Street Every Night At or Around 5:03pm

Dear Boston Area Guys That Ride the Green E Line Subway from the Prudential to Park Street Every Night At or Around 5:03pm (in particular, you, the one in the black North Face nylon jacket that looks worn from your sophomore year of college. It's time to upgrade, btw):

I don't know what has gotten into you. Have you all seen that scene in Billy Madison (heart Adam Sandler, my Jewish boy crush), when he gets dared to 'bump' into the hot teachers' boob on the school bus? No, you haven't? Well, you should probably On Demand that movie right about now. Anyway, I just had that happen to me, only standing, on a subway. Not cute.

All I ask for after a long, stressful day (or rather, for right now, make that week) of work, dealing with my personal life and trying to piece everything together, is some me time. For me, that time is during my commute home. Prudential to Park Street. Park Street to Kendall. Main Street to Plymouth Street. I listen to Lil Wayne on my iPhone, zone out, and occasionally glance at my reflection in the subway's window.

In no way does this me time include being bumped into you, North Face jacket man. And no, your little apologetic and flirtatious smile doesn't help. And no, you looking at me for the rest of the subway ride doesn't help. Creeper. You violated my personal space, and in the mood I'm in, that was so way unwelcomed.

I mean really, where are your manners men?

-M

P.S. I know dear readers, after a week away on vacay, and then a week to get myself back together, there's been a shortage of posts. Be patient, we'll be back to normal in no time (I hope). For now, just relax, I know I am with my glass of riesling and PF Changs leftovers. :)

Free Blog Counter
Pop Culture Paradox