Ruffle Frenzy


(image courtesy of forever21.com)


I consider myself a simple girl with lavish tastes. I love a flashy, trendy handbag. Or a really gorgeously printed coat. I love big, chunky cocktail rings and skyscraper high heels. But I love the basics more. Soft white tees. Black stretchy turtlenecks. Dark blue jeans. Black jersey dresses. Basics that spotlight every-person wearability. To me, it's the perfect artist's palette.

My love for basics once geared me away from ruffles. My old mindset? Frills = distracting and unflattering. I eat my words. The reason for my shift in ruffle morals? This burgundy sheen tiered skirt. Flattering. Slimming. Form-fitting. And in the perfect holiday season hue. Paired with a black turtleneck, tights and heels? Only the perfect outfit to juggle my iPhone and glass of eggnog at the season's first party. Ho ho hot (okay that was cheesy, forgive me).

-M

Free Blog Counter
Pop Culture Paradox