Anniversary Attire

(image courtesy of barefootintheapple.blogspot.com)

This weekend marks my two-year anniversary with my boyfriend. The plan includes a romantic dinner in the North End. My issue? Finding an outfit to impress. My boyfriend knows me well, at times, better than myself. He’s seen me in my best (black DvF dress, skyscraper-tall heels, and a blow-out). He’s seen me at my worst (puffy eyes, oversized sweatshirt, hair after sleeping in a ponytail all night). He loves me in either look, but I prefer the former.

While searching for an outfit, I ran into a dilemma. My closet sits filled with little black dresses. Diane von Furstenburg. Theory. Missoni. Slimming and comfortable. No complaints, I But my forever-faithful standby for an evening date is starting to wear on me like a long-term relationship. Dear LBD, why can’t you impress me anymore? Here's hoping that spark will re-ignite.

-M

Free Blog Counter
Pop Culture Paradox